The National Federation of the Blind of Delaware State Convention is the largest gathering of blind people in the state. It is the premier event for training, support, and information for the blind community. It also serves as a governing body, democratically electing our leadership and establishing each year’s organizational priorities.
National Federation of the Blind of Delaware 54th Annual State Convention
Friday, October 21 through Saturday, October 22, 2022
Location: Anywhere & Everywhere
Register and make a difference in the lives of blind Delawareans!
The National Federation of the Blind of Delaware is proud to announce our 54th Annual State Convention! Once again, this event will be held virtually with free registration! Please save the dates of Friday, October 21, and Saturday, October 22.
Please note that we will be live streaming portions of the convention that will be recorded for archival purposes on the website.
Note: The agenda will be finalized, distributed, and posted on the state website in late September to early October. Yes, the agenda will be available on NEWSLINE® too!
Here is your chance to participate and learn more about the NFB’s programs and goals on the state and national level. Hear from the NFB national representative. We are proud to announce that Anil Lewis, National Federation of the Blind’s Executive Director of Blindness Initiatives, will be serving as our national rep this year and you can read his bio at https://nfb.org/about-us/national-headquarters/executive-directors/anil-lewis. Also, hear from speakers on topics of national and state importance, membership, seniors, technology, Braille, students, guide dog users, merchants, deafblind, and parents’ concerns, meet the scholarship class of 2022 and much more!
Mark your calendars and make every effort to attend the 54th Annual State Convention of the NFB of Delaware. Get involved. Make a difference! Please share with others, everyone is welcome!
How many reasons do you need to register by Saturday, October 15, 2022? Here are just a few:
- By registering for the state convention before the deadline, you will be eligible to win door prizes!
- If you are a current paid member with a NFBDE chapter, and your dues are paid by Saturday, October 15, and you register, you are eligible to vote in the NFBDE election at the convention!
- Registration is free: no travel costs, no hotel fees, and no expensive restaurants!
- You’ll help the NFBDE collect current contact information for everyone who registers!
- You can wear casual comfy clothes and footwear of your choice to all of the sessions, even the banquet! No need to get up early!
- All of the money you save can be donated to your favorite organization, the NFB of DE!
To register, click on one of the links below:
- 54th Annual NFBDE State Convention Registration Form (HTML)
- 54th Annual NFBDE State Convention Registration Form (Word Document)
State Convention Donations
To make a donation via PayPal, click on the link below and write state convention in the contribution note field:
To donate by check, please make your check payable to NFBDE and mail to:
National Federation of the Blind of Delaware
29 E. Balbach Ave.
New Castle, Delaware 19720
In the memo please write state convention donation.
NFB Code of Conduct
The National Federation of the Blind Code of Conduct will apply to our gatherings during the state convention. To view the code of conduct, please visit www.nfb.org/about-us/history-and-governance/code-conduct.
Audio from Past Conventions
Please visit our Past Conventions page to access audio highlights from previous state conventions.
Additional information will be posted as soon as it becomes available. Please check back often.
If you have questions and need additional information, please contact:
Kathryn Bottner, President